Sunday, February 03, 2013

23 Years Ago

Don't Tell a Soul was released. It's way better than the shit it took at the time (and certainly miles ahead of All Shook Down, which suuuuuuuuuuucks.) I will now rank the songs on the album from best to worst: 
I'll Be You
Anywhere Is Better Than Here
Darlin' One
Talent Show
Rock 'n Roll Ghost
I Won't
Achin' to Be
We'll Inherit the Earth
Back to Back
Akin' Me Lies
They're Blind
Definitely set the record for apostrophes in song titles. And the sessions also supplied a somewhat rare Replacements superslice outtake classic, Portland.
Anyhoo, here's my Xmastime memory of the album:

On my own 17th birthday, my girlfriend gave me a cassette of The Replacements' Don't Tell a Soul. Hey, almost  22  23  years later, and here we are, stronger than ever!

1 comment:

The Gnat said...

I would put Achin to Be in for Anywhere. Achin is a really good song that could've/should've been shared with any number of big name acts who have charted and made millions for Paul. LIke Ryan Adams did with When Stars Go Blue.