Monday, March 25, 2013

Xmatime Movie Review: Phil Spector

...in my own version of "athlete takes signing bonus and buys Maserati," the first time I got a big check from my old real estate job ($9,000) I went straight to Times Square and bought the Phil Spector box set, which for some reason heretofor (thentofor?) I had thought out of my reach. Also, I got a tug job from an Asian chick. Okay, that's not true. But woulda been cool. But then, so woulda turning into a werewolf in the middle of a high school basketball game, so. Life, eh? A kick in the vas deferens. - XMASTIME
Pacino was great ("wait - I'm Al Pacino, AND I get to play a lunatic?!?!?") in that he basically gave his monologues from Glengary Glenross over and over. Unfortunately, as someone who's absolutely fucking loved Phil Spector for a long, long time, this whole murder trial thing is the least interesting part of his life I care to see. I couldn't stop wondering why the hell they made the movie in the first place. In the end, the entire thing felt like it was created simply for the moment he shows up in a crazy wig. I mean, who gives a fuck?

No comments: