Friday, July 19, 2013

Firday Night Lights

When the movie version of Friday Night Lights came out I was immediately outraged and hated it; I felt it didn't even remotely touch on why the town was so dependent on football, that the very thing they found glory in was also what made them so pathetic. There was no mention of the 70s/80s oil boom & bust, or what as I look back on now was the first indicator of the end of the big box store in America.

But then the tv series came out and I fucking loved it....even though it didn't deal with any of that stuff from the book either. But for some reason, I accepted it.

I'm re-watching the movie right now and I hafta give credit where credit's due. Billy Bob is great in how he plays the coach as being a Texas high school football coach with such a light touch, even under so much pressure.

ALL MY FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS SHIT HERE. Buckle in, it's a lot.

PS - I wanna see an entire movie with the lollipop-sucking coach of Dallas Carter.

No comments: