Thursday, August 01, 2013

Saturday Night at Camden Yards

Maybe I was drunker than I think, but I'm pretty sure that the songs played at the stadium throughout last Saturday night's game at Camden Yards included:

1. One of the most obscure Beatles songs there is (of course, as Ringo once replied to Jimmy Fallon's question "What's your favorite obscure Beatles song", "there's an obscure Beatles song?")
2. Not one, but TWO songs from Boston bands (the O's were playing the Red Sox)
3. Lips Like Sugar, by the Psychedelic Furs. I mean, wtf?

Pretty fucking trippy, for stadium rock. And I noticed the next afternoon, they went right back to normal shit (Takin' Care of Business etc.)

What was going on Saturday night?

CORRECTION: Echo and the Bunnymen, not the Psychedelic Furs. Dammit. I knew that. Mukluks: Rrthur.

No comments: