Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ronnie Lippett

I can't remember what brought me to his page, but does Ronnie Lippett have the worst Wikipedia page ever? First of all, it's written as if by a 3rd-grader. But worse, Ronnie Lippett played in the NFL for 8 years. He started in 111 of 122 games. I remember him. He wasn't a scrub. And these are some of the highlights of his career, deemed Wiki-worthy:
He recovered an onside kick by Dean Biasucci in the Patriots 16-14 win over the Colts on 09-16-90.
Ronnie blocked an extra point attempt by Pat Leahy in the Patriots 23-13 win over the New York Jets @ Sullivan Stadium on 9-18-83.
Wtf? Reminds me of one of Bob Uecker's many, many amazing quotes:
"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."
"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you once block an extra point at Lancaster?"

Sigh. You know I don't like to bring things like that up. But yes. Yes I did. But don't even think about starting that "You're a goddam hero" shit. That is, after all, for history to decide, not me. Though if I'm being honest right now, I'd probably lean towards "yes."

No comments: