Monday, December 09, 2013

Seinfeld du Jour

Here's the scene in The Tape, when George has the Chinese delivery guy talk to someone in China about some hair-growth medicine he's trying to order.
George: Huh. Excuse me (to Ping) Hum... Do you speak chinese?
Ping: Chinese....Yeah.
George: Look...humm..I'm on with Beijing with the hair restauration clinic. Could you talk to them for me and tell them I'd like to place an order.
Ping: (sounds like) Gwen , Ayon. Wonche son thai gettin my chon fai yu. ( looks at George and laughs)
George: They got a billion people over there and he found a relative.
Ping: Ah Fuka suma. If you send money they send cream.
George: They send me? Aw right ..ask 'em Does it really work?
Ping: Gym a gun sen tokomo. Chin che. They say you grow hair, Look a like Stalin
George: Ask' em Are there any side effects?
Ping: Dowe o futo yum.... Impotence. ....(makes a just kidding gesture)
George: Aw! Funny he's a funny guy.
This transcriber's racism notwithstanding, anyone else ever notice that when he says "impotence" the camera cuts to Kramer, who's laughing while inserting wet noodles into his mouth?

No comments: