Friday, January 03, 2014

You Didn't Ask for It, But You Got It

An oral history of Sir Mix-a-Lot's classic video Baby Got Back:
Bernstein: Then I had a meeting with Mix-a-Lot to talk about the concept. He really wanted a giant ass in the video, and he wanted to be coming out of it. I suggested that maybe that wasn’t a great idea. For the casting of all the dancers, Mix and his friends wanted to have butt approval. So the dancers would come in for the audition, and I had to snap a polaroid of their butts. I was mortified: “Okay, now I have to take a close-up picture of your buttocks.” But a lot of the women auditioning thought it was hilarious. We took all the Polaroids, and made a giant grid of the buttocks, which we Fed-Exed to Seattle so that Mix and his friends could approve the butts.
Mukluks: Sully

One of the more interesting things I've ever learned about anybody I've ever known is when my friend Anna announced she could recite the words, and promptly did. Impressive.

Here he is live on Arsenio.

No comments: