Sunday, February 09, 2014

Sugar Sugar Xmastime!

As you already know, the Archies' classic Sugar Sugar will play a part in my comically-yet-appropriately long funeral:
Also, don't let my buddy Dave forget the up and down tease as they lower and raise my casket into the grave to Sugar Sugar; or that just when people think they can no longer squeeze out another tear, from off past the horizon, past a hill, they barely hear the strains of something they gradually begin to pick up as the horrible minutes pass, until they realize it's Op blowing sadly on a tuba, walking over that hill and slowly making it to the grave, emotion therein unrestrained among those grieving who haven't required medical assistance/hydration yet.

It also made my Top 50 of All Time list.

AND NOW.

Thanks to RRTHUR of NYC FAB 50 (yes ladies, THAT RRTHUR) Ron Dante, lead singer of the Archies, knows my name!!

No comments: