Friday, May 09, 2014

40 Years Ago Today

Was the day Jon Landau saw Bruce 'The Boss" Springsteen and wrote his famous line "I saw Rock and Roll future and its name is Bruce Springsteen."

Ira Glass:
The band got up and began to walk off, Springsteen following them. Then, as the E Street band stood in unison by my side, Springsteen took a seat at the piano. About four feet in front of me. His fingers stretched out, beginning a haunting melody. At first I didn't recognize the song, or the gravity of the moment, or maybe it was both... but one impulse quickly took over me: reload the camera and shoot away. This was a prize moment. My own private shooting session with a musician that I believed was embarking on a journey to potentially becoming one of the greatest artists of our time.

No comments: