Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Guns! Guns! Guns!

Did Hollywood set off the most recent shooting spree?
How many men, raised on a steady diet of Judd Apatow comedies in which the shlubby arrested adolescent always gets the girl, find that those happy endings constantly elude them and conclude, ‘It’s not fair’?”
Of course that's ridiculous - the reason these killing sprees keep happening? Guns. Mentally deranged people who watch Hollywood movies don't kill people; people who demand that guns be accessible to people no matter what or where - be it bars, churches, or Chipotle - kill people.  Of course the Onion puts it best.

_____________________________________________

                I found myself demanding women accept “me for who I am!”, growing more and more bitter each time an accomplished and beautiful woman “thought she was too good” to be with a fat, drunk loser living in glorified squalor.  The more years that passed, the more I clung to this lifestyle in a sort of pathetic defiance, and began to just fantasize about women (any woman I saw was in danger of being a “Mrs. Wilson”, and a complete relationship would be played out, varying in length from minutes to years, with her remaining completely oblivious to the life she was living in my head) instead of trying to better myself in order to actually get one.  

No comments: