Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Juice is Loose 2014

SO...I set my self a goal of 3 days juicing, which of course I had no hopes of actually accomplishing. No one was more surprised than me when I sailed right by it and made it to 5 days. I say "made it" as if it was some sort of hardship. To be honest, it was 100x easier than I thought it'd be. I was never hungry, and I didn't panic and crave/dream about food like I thought I would. There was no magical euphoric feeling either, but I could tell a difference in how my body felt after only a few days. I felt lighter throughout the day, and it was a treat to not feel like I'd been hit with a tranquilizer dart after eating. People commented my skin looked better.

The hardest thing wasn't the not eating, it was the not drinking, particularly when people were going out to watch the World Cup. I broke my fast yesterday after work over some beer and hot dogs while watching France roll over some losers. I was gonna take the weekend off and then start juicing again Monday, but after having regular food today and feeling like crap I must say, I'm itching to start again. So I am. Mostly, I'm in shock that I actually did it.

No comments: