Tuesday, December 02, 2014

These Girls REALLY Saw The Beatles

The two girls in this photo from the beginning of filming for A Hard Day's Night:
As the pair of us stood on the sidelines, having spotted the Beatles in their stationary train car, Marian and I just looked at each other and said, “Let’s go.” We headed across the railway track, not thinking for one moment about safety. We were 13 and 14, and didn’t think about danger then. We just thought, “Wow, there they are. Oh my God!”
I remember them looking at us through the window. I thought Paul was the best looking. You can see my hand going up to where Paul’s is, and I just started knocking on the window. I can’t tell you the amount of times that I’ve told everyone since, “There was only a piece of glass between Paul McCartney and me!”
I never saw the Beatles again, so this is my claim to fame. I’ve been telling my children about it for years.

No comments: