Sunday, March 01, 2015

Hankburger

The first love letter I ever wrote to my high school girlfriend began with the first line from Hank Williams' suicide note:
"We met, we lived and dear we loved..."
Unfortunately, the whole thing ended worse for me than it did Hank. Sigh.

Anyhoo, my for a great burger led me to this little tidbit from a best burger in every state list:
Burger Bar (address and info) Bristol The burger: I Can't Help It
When Hank Williams sang “I Can’t Help It if I’m Still in Love With You,” we’re almost positive he was singing to this 8oz, American-topped, griddled bacon cheeseburger. After all, the singer is thought to have died in the back seat of his pink Cadillac after stopping at the Bristol burger joint. Heartache from driving away was most likely the cause of death.

No comments: