Thursday, August 20, 2015

Only Fools and Horses du Jour

Last month I pointed out that as funny as Only Fools and Horses was, it also had some incredibly dramatic, poignant ones due to both John Sullivan's amazing writing and the actor's being so talented as well.

Here's a list of the Top 10 most poignant moments from the show (most of the videos are pulled, which sucks), such as when Del Boy's son is born:
Del looks to the stars and talks to his dead mother, holding his new born son for the first time. He then promises his boy he'll give him everything he never had. A truly moving speech, and the only real occasion Del admits to being a bit of a failure. "I wanted to do things, be someone, but I never had what it took. But you, you're different. You're gonna live my dreams for me. You're gonna do all the things I wanted to do, and you're gonna come back and tell me if they're as good as I though they would be..." A wonderful moment, delivered to perfection by such a wonderful actor.

No comments: