Tuesday, January 21, 2020

This Time Next Year we'll Be Millionaires!

According to this post, it was five years ago this month that I discovered my all-time favorite show, Only Fools and Horses. I won't go on too much about the show itself, I've blathered away enough about it over the years enough that a simple search on this site will keep you busy (mesmerized?) for hours.

The first time I ever saw mention of the show was on this list of the 15 Best British sitcoms; hours later, I was blowing it up on Hulu and I haven't stopped since - first on Hulu, then I sprang for the DVDs after it left Hulu, and now streaming on Britbox forever (hopefully!)

The first episode I watched was obviously the first episode of the series - why on Earth would anyone start anywhere else? I was immediately hooked, and five years later its inconceivable of a life without the show.

Five years later, I still don't have anyone else to watch the show with here in America. My friends make fun of me for talking about it so much. But I don't mind. Instead, I feel lucky as hell for having found it when I did.

No comments: