Monday, March 30, 2020

39 Years Ago Today

My first hero and all-time favorite college basketball player Jeff Lamp played his final game at Virginia, a win against LSU in what would be the final consolation game ever played. (Oh yeah, and President Reagan was shot earlier in the day because of Jodie Foster.)


Pretty much forgotten on the internet, grrrrrr, here's an article about him being a forgotten living legend.  Incredibly, Lamp was just one of four teammates at Ballard High that year who would be selected in the NBA draft (only one of whom I've ever heard of, Lee Raker, plus back then the NBA draft had like 200 rounds. I think I got picked once.)

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you actually meet Jeff Lamp once?"

Sigh. YES faithful readers, yes I did. You may read all 1,508 words about the historic meeting of hardwood legends HERE.

No comments: