Thursday, April 09, 2020

Space Force!

The Office heroes Steve Carell and Greg Daniels have teamed up again for the upcoming sitcom Space Force.  Of course I'll be watching and rooting hard for the show, can't wait for it to drop on Netflix May 29!

A (very) few thoughts:

1. Bad timing, what with Avenue 5 on Fox starring Hugh Laurie coming out a few months ago?
2. Also beating it to the airwaves is the Seth McFarlane show, The Orville? I mean, how many of these spaceship shows do we need at one time? UPDATE: okay it looks like they're not on  spaceship, they're figuring out how to launch the space for, so.
3. GREAT cast though - besides Carell we get Lisa Kudrow, John Malkivich (I'm *GUESSING* he'll be playing a hyper-weird version of John Malkivich) and, most happily, Ben Schwartz, who stole every scene he was in on Parks and Recreation.
4) Mostly, I'm glad to see Steve Carell back in comedy. I'm sure he's a great dramatic actor but when he's onscreen, all I wanna see is Michael Scott.
via GIPHY


No comments: