Thursday, May 21, 2020

Funniest Britcom Character Evrer

Gold TV - a channel in England I'd pay $500/mo. to be able to subscribe to but can't grrrr - is holding a "Funniest British Sitcom Character" contest. I don't know any of the presenters in this photo other than Sally Phillips, who's been in a million things including I'm Alan Partridge and Miranda, and Emily Atack who was The Inbetweeners. Here are the nominees, as voted in my fans - in bold are the ones I've seen (I only chose the ones I've seen for at least an entire season or more), and my Top 5 are in red. OBVIOUSLY, the #1 funniest character of all time is in green. Can't wait to see the results on Sunday! well...Monday for us. Grrrr.
Alan Partridge
Ali G
Arkwright
Basil Fawlty
Blackadder

Captain Mainwaring
Compo
David Brent
Del Boy
Father Ted
Fleabag

Fletcher
Frank Spencer
Geraldine Granger
Hancock
Hyacinth Bucket
Malcolm Tucker
Margo Leadbetter
Martin Bryce
Miranda
Mr Bean
Mrs Brown
Mrs Merton
Nessa Jenkins
Patsy Jones

Perry
Rick
Rigsby
Sir Humphrey Appleby

Victor Meldrew

Hmmm...apparently, if you want to create a character that's super-funny just start their name near the beginning of the alphabet. 

No comments: