Thursday, October 22, 2020

Banksy Bullshit

I think I'm gonna announce to the world that I'm Banksy. Fuck it - he won't, so I might as well.  If he doesn't wanna be rich and famous, I don't see why I can't do it for him. Sure they'll figure it out eventually, but think of all the tail I'll get til then. BOOM!  - XMASTIME

Only 12 short years ago I announced my favorite painter of all time was Monet (second place: Norm Peterson). Like most painters famous enough that idiots like me actually have heard their name, Monet died in poverty.

Today, we see that Banksy just got paid almost $10M to basically take Monet's masterpiece and throw some shopping carts and traffic cones in it. Of course.

The age-old "so and so never got paid while alive but his art is going for millions now" seems fairly quaint after this; can I copy them Mona Lisa with a dad rat on her shoulder and get my stacks of cash? Wtf?

Grr.

No comments: