Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Beer Can Stumblin'...

It's officially been 15 years since Marah's classic album If You didn't Laugh, You'd Cry album was released. I have a lot of personal attachment as a lot of this album was recorded in my loft at 100 Metro; I'd come home from work in July and the loft would be 2,000 degrees and Serge would be doing backups with his head in the dryer and I wouldn't bat an eye. It was a high point of happy times as a lot of my best friends were just always around; as I look back, it was like a damn sitcom. They were also recording there Christmas album, so sometimes we'd all have to pretend it was December while singing holiday songs in the baking heat.

A while back Dave wrote the story of the album in a Facebook album HERE, which included of course m claim to fame: being called during the album opener The Closer instead of them playing a guitar lead:

Hell, the song was about me anyways. Enjoy! :)

No comments: