Thursday, October 15, 2020

What's Next?

I thoroughly enjoyed the original cast coming together to perform an old episode of The West Wing as a promotion to get out the vote - the episode in particular, Hartsfield's Landing, touched on certain voting themes we're all concerned about today, 18 years later. You can see it HERE on HBO Max.

Of course, while I'm all for their efforts, I'm pretty sure the only people tuning in are people like me: huge fan of the show, diehard Democrat who loathes the GOP and Donald Trump. I'll be shocked if it picks up one vote for Biden but again, I appreciate their effort and was thrilled to see the old cast back together. And would welcome more! (Hopefully with lesser stakes than "Dear god we need to save the fucking planet.)

One note that jumped into my ear was Bartlet using the term "boosted" to refer to something being stolen, which I seem to recall him doing in at least one other episode (if the only "other episode" turns out to be the real version of Hartsfield's Landing then I can eat a gotdam duck). This is strange to me - I've only heard New Jersey rats use the term "boost" that way, making it curious that such an intellectual effete such as Bartlet would use it not only once, but several times throughout the series. Hmm.

No comments: