Sunday, January 17, 2021

Only Fools and Wtf?

Last September Nicholas Lyndhurt's son Archie – who was a budding actor himself – died suddenly. As a huge fan of Only Fools and Horses of course I knew about it, and assumed nobody else I knew in America would.

So imagine my surprise when I saw a headline about the cause of death in the Daily News; I almost felt guilty at how happy I felt to possibly see the words "Only Fools and Horses" in an American newspaper. But when it came time to identitifying Lyndhurst's fame to readers, they mentioned him as the star of Goodnight Sweetheart. 

What?

First of all, starring as Rodney Trotter will be the first thing in his obituary, and probably on his tombstone. Secondly I tried to watch Goodnight Sweetheart and only made it about three episodes. Interesting premise, but kinda dullsville. So why would the Daily News use it as a reference instead of the single most popular sitcom in British tv history?

Hmm. I mean, amirite?

No comments: