Tuesday, January 12, 2021

"Those Were the Days"

Gloria Stivic: Hi Dad, where's Ma?
Archie Bunker: I don't know, she flew out of here like a dingbat outta Hell.

I'm not really sure why more isn't being made of today being the 50th anniversary of the first episode of All in the Family airing. Here's a pretty good list of 10 classic episodes; just a few of my personal favorites are (not necessarily on the linked list):

The Draft Dodger

Everybody Tells the Truth

Archie and the Editorial

Lionel Moves Into the Neighborhood

Edith Writes a Song

Flashback: Mike Meets Archie

The Man in the Street

Archie is Branded

There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said better about it being way ahead of it's time, and Archie is the all-time greatest sitcom character, so I'll let a random clip do all that I reckon.

No comments: