Friday, February 12, 2021

Fab Four Friday

Someone over HERE has their thoughts on what the best track on each Beatles album is. Great, thanks someone!

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “don't you think we fans deserve to hear YOUR choice for best song one each Beatles album?"

Sigh. YES dear readers, yes you do. Enjoy! 

NOTES: 1) unlike with the other list, songs on albums that had been previously released as singles in the UK (i.e. singles The Beatles intended to be released as singles) were disqualified from my personal choices 2) While I played along, I do not (nor do The Beatles) consider Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine to be real albums, as they were more like mandated compilations.

PLEASE PLEASE ME

Their Selection: I Saw Her Standing There

My Selection: Misery

WITH THE BEATLES

Their Selection: It Won't Be Long

My Selection: It Won't Be Long

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT

Their Selection: And I Love Her

My Selection: If I Fell

BEATLES FOR SALE

Their Selection: I'm a Loser

My Selection: No Reply

HELP!

Their Selection: Yesterday

My Selection: You're Going to Lose That Girl

RUBBER SOUL

Their Selection: In My Life

My Selection: In My Life

REVOLVER

Their Selection: I'm Only Sleeping

My Selection: For No One

SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND

Their Selection: A Day in the Life

My Selection: A Day in the Life

MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

Their Selection: Strawberry Fields Forever

My Selection: I Am the Walrus

THE WHITE ALBUM

Their Selection: Happiness (Is a Warm Gun)

My Selection: I'm So Tired

YELLOW SUBMARINE

Their Selection: It's All Too Much

My Selection: It's All Too Much

ABBEY ROAD

Their Selection: I Want You (She's So Heavy)

My Selection: Here Come the Sun

LET IT BE

Their Selection: Across the Universe

My Selection: I've Got a Feeling

"THIS guy really gets us!"

No comments: