Monday, March 29, 2021

Emily Lloyd

Obviously I've been a huge fan of the late, great Roger Lloyd-Pack since discovering Only Fools and Horses in 2015. Not only did he play the much-beloved Trigger in it, but he also starred as the (literally and figuratively) gross Owen in The Vicar of Dibley. And while I'm sure I knew from his Wikipage that he had a daughter who acted, I never realized until just now that she TURNED DOWN!! the lead in Pretty Woman! Sadly, she's had a career that's been derailed several times due to severe mental health/depression issues (she got fired from Mermaids from the role that eventually went to Winona "Sticky Fingers" Rider). She's been called the unluckiest actress in Hollywood history, and almost married the guy from Yellowstone who's John Huston's son.

One role I did see her in the million times I re-watched it was as Norman Maclean's love interest in A River Runs Through It, and of course there's no chance it occurred to me she might be from British acting royalty!

"If you're lying to me where Brad Pitt's trailer is I'll chop your balls off."


No comments: