Saturday, March 27, 2021

White People

Last night illWill, Brothatime!! and I went down memory lane enjoying the classic Stuff White People Like, and we wondered what an updated COVID-era version would look like. Among other things it occurred to me that white people posting videos and social media posts pleading with people to support their local restaurants. They're well-intentioned and it's a good thing to do and I do it too but because they're white people you know that as they say it they're patting themselves on the back for being SOOOOOO wonderful!

And this morning its occurred to me that the original "I'm supporting my local establishment, aren't I SUCH a great person!" was Seinfeld himself, in the episode The Cafe. Of course his being so "supportive" led to a disastrous end of Baboo's restaurant, but still.

No comments: