Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Time to Doggie

Unlike his old partner Mike, who would get indignant if anyone wanted to talk about something other than the Giants offensive line, Doggie is happy to have people he likes outside of sports such as authors on his show. I wouldn't call  myself a Grisham fan - I read The Firm and A Time to Kill back in the day like everybody else - but he was at his peak of royalty when I lived in Oxford alongside him. They wanted to film A Time to Kill on the Square while I was there but were turned down, but I did get to see them film a Kevin Spacey scene outside of Natchez (no, he did not try to fuck me). I once saw him in the middle of an aisle of the Piggly-Wiggly. But I greatly admire not just his success, but the fact that he still cranks out books at an absurd pace, basically once a year. I for one won't read them, but I admire him for it. Plus that accent is just intoxicating to hear, let's be honest, and the fact that he lives in Charlottesville now and is bff with UVa basketball coach Tony Bennett makes him even better to moi.

No comments: