Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Ed Ward, RIP

Just a coupla months ago I started listening to the fantastic Let It Roll podcast, one goes from Lieber & Stoller to Grandmaster Flash and everybody and everything in between when it comes to music. The host, Nate Wilcox, first started the podcast a few years ago and the guest he got for about the first 10 episodes is legendary Memphis rock & roll historian Ed Ward, who unfortunately died today at 72.

I've never read one of his books - tho I will now - but I couldn't stop listening to him on the podcast, hour after hour; partly because of his beyond-encyclopedic knowledge of everything about the history of music, and partly because of the intoxicating Memphis Southern accent that is absolutely intoxicating to listen to.

HERE are all of the episodes he did for the podcast.

Here's one below with him on Otis Redding.

Thanks Ed. And I'll keep on listening.

No comments: