Friday, June 25, 2021

A Few Things I've Liked This Week

US, on PBS - I mean I love Tom Hollander so this was made for me. VIEWERS LIKE ME! Watch it HERE.

David Chang's Podcast - he's a super-interesting, thoughtful guy who's also funny. And someone like me really appreciates his diehard policies on the slight machinations of food, making food, eating food, thinking about food, and on and on. The Larry David of chefs. A deep binge is highly recommended. Listen to it HERE

Naked Chicken Chalupa from Taco Bell - I hate myself for even trying it but it was surprisingly delicious. Like KFC's Double Down, surprised they pulled it off to the point that it's actually good and not just a gimmick. Damn you Taco Bell!! Details HERE.

Triple Plays! - The Yankees pulled off their THIRD triple play of the season this week. And it was the first one in the Major Leagues to end a game in 12 years. In my 23 years of watching the Yankees almost daily I don't think I've ever seen one, and now I've seen two in a short span. Unfortunately the one I missed is one unlike any other in MLB history:

The 1-3-6-2-5-6 sequence was the first time that combination was used in any of the 726 triple plays in major league history, per a database maintained by Baseball Almanac.

Fuck Off, Almonds - Bill Maher's takedown on ridiculous water use was dead on. I posted about it HERE.

Paul Rudd on Conan - his final employ of a historic, epic gag is already in the whichever appropriate Hall of Fame. I posted it HERE.

Screw It We're Just Gonna Talk About the Beatles Podcast - this episode was beautiful to listen to, two brothers separated by 7 years - a lifetime for siblings when they're young - and, having endured family tragedy during their youth, are brought together over and over by their love of The Beatles. Both touching and funny at the same time, you can hear it HERE.

Hey, here's some vintage Tom Hollander. Enjoy!

No comments: