Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Happy Birfday Ray Ray!

THIS JOINT HERE lists Ray Davies top 10 lyrics to celebrate his 77th birthday. They got 3 out of 10 correct, Days, Come Dancing and Waterloo Sunset. My other 7 would be, and you're welcome, the following:

Animal Farm

Girl, It's a hard, hard world, if it gets you down
Dreams often fade and die in a bad, bad world
I'll take you where real animals are playing
And people are real people not just playing 

Celluloid Heroes

I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show,
A fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes,
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
And celluloid heroes never really die. 

Arthur

Arthur we know and we sympathize
Don't ya know it, don't ya know it
Arthur we like you and want to help you
Somebody loves you don't you know it 

Two Sisters

Priscilla saw her little children
And then decided she was better off
Than the wayward lass that her sister had been
No longer jealous of her sister
So she ran 'round the house with her curlers on
No longer jealous of her sister

Muswell Hillbilly   

They'll try and make me study elocution,
Because they say my accent isn't right,
They can clear the slums as part of their solution,
But they're never gonna kill my cockney pride.

Life Goes On

My bank went broke and my well ran dry.
It was almost enough to contemplate suicide.
I turned on the gas, but I soon realized
I hadn't settled my bill so they cut off my supply.
No matter how I try, it seems I'm too young to die.

Better Days

Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you.
Be an optimist instead,
And somehow happiness will find you.
Forget what happened yesterday,
I know that better things are on the way.

No comments: