Thursday, June 17, 2021

Night Court 2.0

Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory is doing a Night Court reboot:

Written/executive produced by Dan Rubin based on the original series created by Reinhold Weege, the multi-camera Night Court centers on unapologetic optimist judge Abby Stone (Rauch), the daughter of the late Harry Stone, who follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court and tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Dan Fielding (Larroquette).

Unlike a lot of sitcom fans I don't mind the recent string of reboots - if I love a show, why wouldn't I want more of it? If it sucks, I don't have to watch. BUT part of a great reboot is having the main characters back, which in this case is impossible since Harry Anderson died. So as great as it always will be to see Dan Fielding in action, color me "meh" with this one.

No comments: