Saturday, June 12, 2021

Taxes!

I don't really understand what "conservative" means in British politics - I have some idea, but not confidant in really expounding upon it - but here's a list of the Top 10 Conservative pop songs. Listed is The Kinks uber-classic, Sunny Afternoon:

5. “Sunny Afternoon”, The Kinks, 1966. “The tax man’s taken all my dough…” Nominated by Steven Fogel and Wario Argento, although Paul T Horgan said that the song is not sympathetic to the aristocratic narrator.

Ummm...if this makes the list because of a brief mention of paying taxes, how does The Beatles' Taxman NOT make it, when it's three entire minutes of George Harrison bitching about paying taxes? Wtf? 🤔 🤷‍♂️

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
 
Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
 
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street 
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat 
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat 
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet 
 
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
 
Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

No comments: