Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The Ramones du Jour

I don't know what the occasion is but the folks over at Mental Floss have just listed 11 Facts About The Ramones, and while I already knew each of these I'm always happy to spread the word about my favorite band of all time so I will list them here:

1. The Ramones got their name from Paul McCartney's fake hotel check-in name.
2. The Ramones rarely found success on the Billboard charts.
3. The first Ramones show was exactly five years after Woodstock.
4. The Ramones logo showcased how "all-American" they were.
5. Dee Dee Ramone wrote "Pet Sematary" in Stephen King's basement.
6. Dee Dee kept writing for the Ramones even after leaving the band.
7. Elvis Ramone only lasted two shows.
8. Phil Spector pulled a gun on them during a recording session.
9. Johnny and Joey Ramone hated each other.
10. The Ramones played 2263 shows in 22 years.
11. The Ramones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame their first year of eligibility.

Lookit me everybody - always teaching! Gabba Gabba HEY! indeed, people.

No comments: