Friday, February 25, 2022

Happy 79th Birthday George Harrison

From MEETTHEBEATLESFORREAL, a site bringing together photos and stories of fans who have actually met the Beatles:

We arrived back at George’s a little before 3:30 and stood at the door, waiting for something. We saw George walk past the window, heard him cough and the telephone ring. Then we heard the clock strike half-past. Reading the sign, “doorbell push”, I did and out popped George. I wasn’t scared, but I said, “Do you want to make me cry?” for lack of something intelligent to say. And George replied thoughtfully and seriously, “I don’t want to make you do anything.” That did it. I no longer thought of him as George Harrison, famous person, but as a friend, which he is. He talked to us for over three quarters of an hour about religion, love, life, music – everything. He said he enjoyed talking with us and he wished he could spend some time with everyone in the world. I gave him some beads and the Sgt. Pepper handshake – well never mind. I took movies of George doing the Charleston with my beads. I’ve never met a man so intelligent and understanding. HE seemed to have the answer for everything. He was very funny too. He laughed when I told him I was taking TWA home the next day. I found out the next day he left London for the States the same time on Pan Am. He recommend a book for me to read, The Autobiography of a Yogi, which if you find it (which isn’t likely) please sent it to me. I can’t explain how nice George was. He just talked to us like old friends. He made me realize so much about the world. I’ll never forget him or what he’s done for me. I love him like he loves me and everyone else in the world. He really does. This isn’t just something he says. He believes it, and talking with him made me realize this. When we left he said, “Be seein’ ya!” and he meant it. He will. Maybe next year, I hope because I just have to visit this wonderful man again.

 "Are they gone yet?" (upon hearing "no", submerges self back under water)

No comments: