Friday, May 06, 2022

When Good Things Happen to Good People 🤗

In what seems to be a more frequent event, I'm posting here about an old Williamsburg friend Ada, who is in the New York Times today for the seemingly unfathomable triumph of solely making a living as a poet:

Now, both writing and performing are vital to her work, she said, and she is always thinking about the musicality of the words as she writes. But the woman who shows up onstage is “utterly antithetical” to the poet who dreams up the work.

“My poet self is super spacey, can’t hold a conversation,” she said, laughing. “That is the person who’s wandering off and saying, ‘Oh, how long have I been in the backyard? I’ve been watching the birds for three hours.’”

When she turns on the performer, however, “I get there five minutes early, I make sure that I eat something,” she said. “I bring my Type A.”

EVERYBODY GO BUY HER BOOKS NOW!!!

"Just....take...the fucking...picture...."

No comments: