Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Life and Me at a Baseball Game

Last night while waiting for Watty & Marley outside of the Nats Park, a woman came walking by with who looked to be her 14 year-old - I'll just say the word here and we'll move on - retarded son. He was dressed to the whatevs in Nats stuff, and seemed pretty pumped to be going to the game. It was great to see. I somehow caught his eye and he lit up, stepped right over to me with right arm held high, and we slapped five. He shouted something incoherent and I said "go get 'em Nats!" even though I couldn't give less of a shit about the Nats.

"LOOK at me," I thought to myself after our great moment, "look at me connecting with someone less fortunate than myself, just LOOK at me! Aren't I just such a nice -" and at that moment I looked over and saw him smacking a high five with someone else - " - oh you know what fuck that asshole!"

🤷‍♂️

No comments: