Thursday, August 25, 2022

Well, Well, Well....

...you live long enough you discover there actually IS a Tom Verlaine that’s fun to cover. Hey, who knew?

And even better, it's longtime Xmastime pals Bombpop, whose 1997 album The Day I Had to Explode is an Xmastime superslice:

DON’T BE AFRAID - Bombpop
Fellow Westerberg worshippers from Charlottesville, VA…mostly this song has always struck me with the “all you ever wanted, was to to get out of this town.” The small-town boy clarion call. Being from a small town myself, I know that feeling; I remember busting out of Tappahannock, VA when I hit 18 and diving right into…Farmville, VA. Which, it being a college town meant it actually had a bar in town, so it was technically a step up. Upon graduating I finally shed the shackles of small-town life by heading to…Oxford, Mississippi. Hmm. At this rate, but the time I’m 70 I’ll be living in a town the size of Angelina Jolie’s nursery. Big City, Mrs. Ruth Ann indeed.

 πŸ€·‍♂️πŸ˜œπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸ₯πŸ₯

No comments: