Monday, September 26, 2022

Muse It or Lose It

George W. Bush running for president was - for me, anyway - the first time a lot of the country decided they wanted a president who was "a guy I'd have a beer with!" At the time, I thought they meant they wanted a super-intelligent, accomplished person who was also a bit salt-of-the-Earth and could eat a hot dog without caring if it was made of asshole and snouts. But still, no matter what, crazy smart and accomplished.

But now I realize what really happened is we all decided we all should be incredibly offended at the idea that we’re not smart enough to be president, or that someone could be elected BECAUSE they were smarter than "me". So now we start with "only someone not smarter than me", and here we are. Thanks, America. 😡

No comments: