Thursday, September 29, 2022

Oh No Not On Halloween

(Originally posted in 2010):
Shortly after I moved to Brooklyn in January of 1998 GodIHateYourSteveWynn, Lux and I went to some basement in the city, where Steve Wynn of the Dream Syndicate was playing a solo acoustic show. He was trying to plug his latest album and nobody was really paying attention, everybody was kinda milling around chatting. After I'd enjoyed a few warm Heinekens I thought I'd do Mr. Wynn a favor, and started shouting out Dream Syndicate songs I wanted to hear. Almost immediately he simply shrugged "f*ck it" and played whatever I asked for over the next 45 minutes or so.

I've always hated that "Only in New York City, kids!" saying, but later on while standing there talking to Steve Wynn I remember thinking "there's no way I'd be standing here talking to Steve Wynn after picking out his set list anywhere else but in New York City." 


I can still feel the smile on my face from that night. And now LOOK who liked one of my Tweets yesterday! ðŸ¤—🎸🤗🎸🤗🎸🤗🎸


And I wasn't even joking - I really did play it on (okay, almost) every radio show I did back in college.

No comments: