Monday, November 07, 2022

Memory Lane

Long before she died I'd always said everybody should have the chance to hear my Aunt Pat talk, if only to marvel that her accent was real and not a cartoon for some reason set in Lowell in 1966 😜

But while we can never actually hear her again, here's a classic moment I had with her. Enjoy! 🤗🤣

A conversation on the morning of her mother's funeral with my Aunt Pat:

Aunt Pat: You want some breakfast?
Me: Sure, that'd be great.
Aunt Pat: How about some scrambled eggs?
Me: Oh yeah, definitely.
Aunt Pat: With some bacon?
Me: I love bacon!
Aunt Pat: You want some toast?
Me: Yeah.
Aunt Pat: White, or rye?
Me: Rye
Aunt Pat: So it's scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast?
Me: Sounds great.
Aunt Pat: It does. Make it your goddam self, I'm in mourning.

No comments: