Friday, November 04, 2022

Rain x 2

 (I don't know how long this video will be available so listen qickly!

One of the most remarkable things about the Get Back doc was watching in real time things I'd read about over & over in the zillion Beatles books I've read - for example, watching George Harrison ask for advice on lyrics for Something and Lennon's "cauliflower" line - and another perfect example just came out on the Revolver box set. I'd read about them recording Rain at double speed and then slowing the tape down for decades, and now I get to fucking hear it!!! And even upon hearing it I just couldn't believe it; it's played so crisply beautiful, McCartney's flurry of bass notes are so fast yet perfectly fluid and Ringo's drumming is practically a metronome that I had to check to make sure they were actually playing it!! 

Incredible.

No comments: