Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Role Models at 14

A dozen years ago I stumbled into the move
Role Models, to which  gave the ultimate compliment in Xmastime's eyes, that it wasn't a Judd Apatow flick:
I stumbled upon this flick this morning and ten minutes later found myself wondering why I was still somewhat enjoying it, and then I looked it up and realized that, despite featuring some of his usual All Stars, Judd Apatow had nothing to do with the film. "No wonder I almost laughed," I said to myself. Throw in a cute black kid with over-the-top cussing and some delicious titties popping loose, and away we went. I think I almost cheered at the end when they rolled outta the truck in their KISS costumes.
Anyway, apparently the movie was released 14 years ago today and the writer has a long Twitter thread about it. I made it about two tweets down before excitedly running back to the warm confines of Xmastime, so you can enjoy it HERE if you'd like to read it yourself you're welcome, Earth!!

No comments: