Friday, November 18, 2022

Stove Top, Bitches!!

Over my many years I've noticed that any mention of Stove top stuffing generally induces smug looks of derision and Williamsburg-esque snootiness. Meanwhile, just the other night on the single greatest podcast of all time I mentioned how much I still love Stove Top stuffing, even after discovering the dizzying heights of sausage stuffing, so it's nice to see someone who agrees with me:

I’m not sure what it is about that combination of powdered sage, chicken flavor, and MSG that makes it so appealing, but there’s no denying that Stove Top is pure nostalgic comfort food. It tastes like childhood, of dinners prepared by harried moms getting food on the table for their families after working all day. It’s affordable, too, which in this time of ever-increasing food prices, makes it easy to bulk up a meal.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you point this almost exactly 17 years ago to this day in one of your first posts ever?"


Sigh. Yes I did, faithful readers, YES I did.



No comments: