Sunday, January 29, 2023

RIP Tom Verlaine

I never loved Television, to a Ramones zealot like myself they were far too "complicated". Reading hundreds of words later about Tom Verlaine's love of Ornette Coleman made sense to me. But Verlaine was THE bedrock and founding anchor of the CBGB's scene that I've loved since I was 14, always there in every way, in all the stories and connecting so much of the tissue it...well, would be a lot of tissue. I never really loved his band but always viewed him as an absolute guitar god. Without him there would have been no CBGB, period, end of.

So I'm surprised at my own melancholy upon hearing about his dying today. Just something about an important piece of a part of my life, now gone. And knowing this shit's gonna happen faster & faster.

RIP Tom Verlaine. And this genius of a song will live forever.

(Dafuck guys now that he's dead the image of him on the album cover is creepy af 😬)

No comments: