Wednesday, February 15, 2023

RIP Raquel Welch

One of the All-Time Xmastime Ladies, if not #1 then definitely in the Top 10. She will be missed. Though not really by me, who still has the exact same level of access to her as I did at this time yesterday.

I'll be honest - I'm not really sure if I really knew she was American. And from Illinois?!?! She always had such an exotic look of beauty, I think I just assumed she was Italian or some such.

Also, to be honest - I'm not sure I've ever really watched a movie with Raquel Welch in it, other than the classic Mother, Jugs and Speed, of course. And she was great in an episode of Seinfeld. But even when that episode came out, I remember thinking "OMG they have silver screen legend Raquel Welch, wow how'd they get her?!?" etc; I can't remember a time in my life NOT knowing the name Raquel Welch, and yet I'm not really sure why?

But man. Insanely beautiful.

No comments: