Sunday, March 19, 2023

Thank You for the Days

King Charles (OMG is that the first time I've ever typed that?!!?!?!) has chosen the playlist for his coronation and The Kinks are on it! 🤗

Like most living beings with ears of course I love Waterloo Sunset, but when I heard The Kinks made the list I assumed it'd be Sunny Afternoon, their classic that just so happened to be sitting at the top of the charts the moment England won the World Cup in 1966 (which was the most British year ever!) Seems like it'd be too tempting to NOT choose it, in an effort to even MORE so wrap the event up in the British flag, but maybe King Charles (OMG is that the second time I've ever typed that?!!?!?!) chose the song himself? Maybe he just personally loves it, how cool is that?

Either way I’d have been as thrilled if he’d have picked Days, which will certainly be a tent pole moment at my funeral 🤗🎸

No comments: