Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Roll On, Bob Newhart

Over the past few months or so I've been watching The Bob Newhart Show for the first time; I'm in the fourth season and cannot say enough about this show. It's pure, pure comedy, with great lines from Bob that are funnier and funnier as you get to know him and then of course the requisite amazing cast that's LOL funny. The show has that cheesy cozy 1970s look I LOVE, that dark brown hue nirvanascape! Here's to people enjoying another 50 years of this great show, and a reminder to be thrilled that Bob Newhart is still very much alive and walks amongst us. - XMASTIME

I've always loved Bob Newhart's standup comedy but I 'd never really watched his (first) sitcom until about a year ago, when I slipped it into my Mary Tyler Moore Show/All in the Family rotation. So when I read that his wife of 60 years died yesterday, I can't help but think it's gonna be one of those "married couple is married for a thousand years and as soon as one dies, the other quickly follows" and I really, really, really hope it's not the case.

No comments: