Saturday, April 29, 2023

Things I Like

Every day, I’ll add one thing to this list:

…Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, "Norsemen" on Netflix, Bobby Murcer, casually picking at almonds, Tony Gwynn, "Parting the Waters", any time Dee shook Raj down for a quarter, Laurie Metcalf, penny hockey, dogs with a bit of a weight problem, Trinidad doubles on 19 & 5th back in 1998, the lunch rolls at my high school, Berry/Buck/Mills/Stipe, the Violent Femmes, the incredibly important/iconic mix tapes of my youth(ish), leftovers that can easily be thrown together as one big leftover,whatever genre it is that includes "The Diary of a Nobody" by George & Weedon Grossmith and "Memoirs of a Madman" by Flaubert and "Notes from Underground" by Dostoevsky, Larry Wilmore, Pat's cheesesteak wit-out, Ada LĂ­mon, any Antonio-centric episode of "Wings", the Grassroots Tavern, the crazy drop in temperature before a storm, books that fit into my jacket pocket, the way the Metro is the only way I feel connected to Brooklyn on a small daily basis, "The Royle Family", the Bedford Ave L station, The Ramones, The Beatles,

No comments: