Tuesday, May 09, 2023

In Which To Celebrate the 50th Year of The Beatles Red & Blue Albums, Ye Olde Schooner Xmastime Takes a Crack at Making Them Even Better

I tried to remain true to the spirit of the comps instead of trying to be Mr. Super Deep Cuts Beatles McBeatleson, I swapped out singles for singles and album cuts for albums cuts. Again, some I kept because of the spirit of the original project (nobody’s jazzed about Love Me Do but it is historical) ALSO: as I mentioned during my Rubber Soul/Revolver Death Match with Mike, it’s sheer LUNACY that Rubber Soul has 6 songs on the Red Album and Revolver only has 2 (one of which is Yellow fucking Submarine!!), so I am making a sexecutive decision and making it 4 each for mine. Oh, and I swapped out Lady Madonna for a White Album song because nobody cares about Lady Madonna and it's absurd there's only four songs from their one double album 😡
Love Me Do
Please Please Me
From Me to You This Boy
She Loves You
I Want to Hold Your Hand
All My Loving It Won’t Be Long
Can't Buy Me Love I'll Cry Instead
A Hard Day's Night Things We Said Today
And I Love Her If I Fell
Eight Days a Week No Reply
I Feel Fine I’m Down
Ticket to Ride
Yesterday 
You’re Going to Lose That Girl

Help!
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away 
We Can Work It Out
Day Tripper
Drive My Car The Word
Norwegian Wood
Nowhere Man
In My Life
Michelle Rain
Girl Tomorrow Never Knows
Paperback Writer
Eleanor Rigby
Yellow Submarine For No One

Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With a Little Help from My Friends She’s Leaving Home
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
A Day in the Life
All You Need Is Love
I Am the Walrus
Hello, Goodbye
The Fool on the Hill Baby, You’re a Rich Man
Magical Mystery Tour
Lady Madonna Dear Prudence
Hey Jude
Revolution
Back in the U.S.S.R.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da I’m So Tired
Get Back Two of Us
Don't Let Me Down I’ve Got a Feeling
The Ballad of John and Yoko
Old Brown Shoe It’s All Too Much
Here Comes the Sun
Come Together Oh! Darling
Something
Octopus’s Garden Don’t Pass Me By
Let It Be
Across the Universe
The Long and Winding Road The Abbey Road medley

No comments: