Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Viva la Kellogg's Diner!!!!

Almost all my most favorite spots in Brooklyn are gone, but I wasn't expecting this one:
Williamsburg’s decades-old Kellogg’s Diner is up for sale. The restaurant, a neon-lit fixture on the corner of Metropolitan and Union avenues for close to a century was known for its late-night crowds and appearance in an episode of HBO’s Girls, will remain open during the sale, says Victor Moneypenny, a broker with MYC & Associates, the Staten Island real estate agency that’s executing the sale. The diner’s new owner will inherit its liquor license and a 30-year lease beginning on June 1, 2023, whose terms will be negotiated between the buyer and the landlord.

Open since 1928, Kellogg’s has become a pillar of after-hours eating in Brooklyn, a home for serviceable diner food where the busiest hours are often after 4 a.m. — when city bars are required to make last call.
This is a magic place in a magic spot and I loved every time I ate there. To be honest, I can't believe I've never really mentioned it on Xmastime, or in my first book.

Anyways...here's to hoping someone buys it and never changes a damn thing.

No comments: